11 June, 2019
Super FoodPosted in : Health, Uncategorized on by : admin Tags: diet, health benefits of superfood, healthy lifestyle, reshmiskitchen, super food, super food diet, super food health benefits, Super Foods
Here are 16 foods that may be worthy of the esteemed superfood title.
These are foods — mostly plant-based but also some fish and dairy — that are thought to be nutritionally dense and thus good for one’s health. Blueberries, salmon, kale and acai are just a few examples of foods that have garnered the “super food” label.
- Dark Leafy Greens.
- Berries. Berries are a nutritional powerhouse of vitamins, minerals, fiber and antioxidants. …
- Green Tea. …
- Eggs. …
- Legumes. …
- Nuts and Seeds. …
- Kefir (And Yogurt) …
- Olive Oil
- Sweet Potato
These tips can help you get more superfoods into your diet:
- Look at the colors on your plate. Is all of your food brown or beige? Then it is likely that antioxidant levels are low. Add in foods with rich color like kale, beets, and berries.
- Add shredded greens to soups and stir fries.
- Try replacing your beef or poultry with salmon or tofu.
- Add berries to oatmeal, cereal, salads or baked goods.
- Make sure you have a fruit or a vegetable every time you eat, including meals and snacks.
- Have a daily green or matcha tea.
- Make turmeric, cumin, oregano, ginger, clove, and cinnamon your go-to spices to amp up the antioxidant content of your meals.
- Snack on nuts, seeds (especially Brazil nuts and sunflower seeds) and dried fruit (with no sugar or salt added).
The high vitamin and mineral content found in superfoods can help your body ward off diseases and keep you healthier. When incorporated into a well-balanced diet, these foods can promote heart health, weight loss, improve energy levels and even reduce the effects of aging.
Antioxidants found in many superfoods may help prevent cancer, while healthy fats can reduce your risk of heart disease. Fiber, which is also found in many superfoods, can help prevent diabetes and digestive problems while phytochemicals have numerous health benefits including reducing your risk of developing cardiovascular diseases. Superfoods are also known to protect your organs from toxins, help lower cholesterol, regulate metabolism and reduce inflammation
Taking superfoods in supplement form is not the same as getting the nutrients from the real foods.
Many supplements contain ingredients that can cause a strong biological effect on the body. Supplements might also interact with other medications. Taking supplements could result in vitamin or mineral toxicity, affect recovery after surgery, and trigger other side effects.
The biggest disadvantages are that people consider superfood supplements (like greens powders) as replacements for fruits and vegetables. A lot of them advertise like they’re the equivalent of five servings of vegetables, and they’re not.
On the other hand, it’s foolish to say there are literally no benefits. A lot of green superfood drinks are high in vitamins, minerals, probiotics, digestive enzymes, antioxidants, and ingredients with cognitive benefits. Not all of them, but some of them.