11 June, 2019
Raw Food Diet / Raw FoodismPosted in : Health, Uncategorized on by : admin Tags: health benefits, raw food, raw food diet, Raw Foodism, raw vegans, reshmiskitchen
It, also known as rawism or following a raw food diet, is the dietary practice of eating only or mostly food that is uncooked and unprocessed.
What does it mean to eat raw?
A raw food diet involves mainly unprocessed, whole, plant-based, and preferably organic, foods. Three-quarters of the person’s diet should consist of uncooked food. Raw food dieters believe that eating a high proportion of raw foods makes them healthier. … Others eat raw meat and raw animal products.
How to Follow the Raw Food Diet
Foods to Eat
- All fresh fruits
- All raw vegetables
- Raw nuts and seeds
- Raw grains and legumes, sprouted or soaked
- Dried fruits and meats
- Nut milks
- Raw nut butters
- Cold-pressed olive and coconut oils
- Fermented foods like kimchi and sauerkraut
- Raw eggs or dairy, if desired
- Raw meat or fish, if desired
Foods to Avoid
- Cooked fruits, vegetables, meats and grains
- Baked items
- Roasted nuts and seeds
- Refined oils
- Table salt
- Refined sugars and flour
- Pasteurized juices and dairy
- Coffee and tea
Most of the supporters claim
- That heating food above 104–118 °F (40–48 °C) starts to degrade and destroy the enzymes in raw food that aid digestion. Enzymes in food play no significant role in the digestive process, prior to being digested themselves
- That raw food has higher nutrient values than foods that have been cooked. In reality, whether cooking degrades nutrients or increases their availability, or both, depends on the food and how it is cooked.
- That cooked foods, and especially meat, contain harmful toxins, which can cause chronic disease and other problems, including trans fatty acids produced by heating oil, acryl amide produced by frying, advanced glycation end products (AGEs), and polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons. While it is true that a healthy diet minimizes fried food and red meat, not all cooked food contains harmful chemicals (a serving of French fries has 200 times the AGEs of a bowl of cooked oatmeal), and a diet containing a normal mix of cooked and raw food does not shorten life According to the American Cancer Society, it is not clear, as of 2013, whether acryl amide consumption affects people’s risk of getting cancer.
A raw food diet is low in calories, high in fiber, and based on primarily healthy whole-plant foods, so eating this way will lead to weight loss. … The risk of food poisoning from eating raw or undercooked foods outweighs the benefits of this plan. In general, cooking makes your food more easily digestible and safer.
Do raw vegans live longer?
Another study finds vegetarians live longer than meat-eaters.”… So it goes with
Vegetarianism and longevity. It’s absolutely true that vegetarians live longer (at least among Seventh Day Adventists, the target group of the study). In fact, in this study, vegetarians live six to nine years longer, which is a huge effect.