4 November, 2019
Farm Fresh Winter Vegetables: Veg Recipe
Ingredients: Farm Fresh Winter Vegetables
2 tbsp mustard oil
10 – 12 urad dal bori
1 small cauliflower
(4+2) 6 green chilies
1/4 tsp panchforon
2 medium potatoes
3 medium taro roots
10 – 12 flat beans
1 medium raddish
1/2 of a big brinjal
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
2 tsp sugar
2 cup water
1/2 cup coriander leaves
1. At first heat mustard oil in a nonstick wok.
2. Then fry urad dal bori and cauliflower florets one after one.
3. Fry on low flame till golden brown color
4. Keep aside fried bori and cauliflower florets in separate bowls
5. Now tempering oil with green chilies and panchforon.
6. When a nice aroma comes out, add all vegetables one by one- potato pieces, taro root pieces, flat beans, raddish pieces, brinjal pieces.
7. Fry all veggies on medium flame.
8. Now add salt, turmeric powder, sugar
9. Sprinkle water little by little
10. Now add fresh spinach leaves
11. Mix all well. Add 2 cups of water, green chilies, urad dal bori and cauliflower florets.
12. Cover on low medium flame
13. If vegetables are boiled, add fresh coriander leaves and off the flame
Serving suggestions: serve with steamed rice or roti
Estimated cost: Rs. 70/
Time: 30 minutes
Importance of winter vegetables
In cold weather, our immune system needs more support to fight against any germs, for which nutrition from winter vegetables is very helpful.
During the winter months, there are certain vegetables that warm you up and are available in abundance.
So, change your diet for these months and enjoy these winter vegetables.